Task Assignment adapter is used to acertain the user/group to whom the process task should be assigned in a provisioning workflow. Task Assignment adapters are in use Jupiter onwards only.
Example to use a Task Assignment Adapter:
- Login into Java client with an admin user
- Move to Resource Management -> Resource Objects
- Create a resource object
- Move to Process Management -> Process Definition
- Create a provisioning process for the above resource object
- Create a new task in the above process and save
- Move to Development Tools -> Adapter Factory
- Enter valid adapter name, description and select “Task Assignment ” as adapter type
- Save the adapter
- Verify in the variable list tab that 2 default adapter return variables are created
- In the Adapter Tasks tab, click on Assign to add a task to the adapter. Select to add a java task
- In the API source, select the appropriate jar (eg. newtask.jar). Also select appropriate Methods and save the task.
- Add two java tasks to the above adapter:
- For first select method as getType and map the variables as “Output variable” -> Adapter Variable -> Return Variable for key type. Map the second variable to a literal “User/Group” and the third variable to anything.
- For second select method as getKey and map the variables as “Output variable” -> Adapter Variable -> Return Variable for key. Map the second variable to a user/group key and the third variable to anything.
- Save and compile the adapter
- Move to Process Management -> Process Definition and query for the process created in step 5
- Double click to invoke the edit task dialog for the task created in step 6 and move to the assignment tab
- Double click on the Target type lookup field and select either User/Group
- In the adapter lookup field, select the adapter created in step 9.
- After making an adapter association, select the row and click on Map button
- Map the adapter return variables to task information and save
- Now provision the resource object to a user/organization
Verify that the tasks (Approval/Provisioning) get assigned to appropriate users as mapped in the adapter.
Other things to test:
- Provision to organization
- Check for both approval and provisioning processes
- Login with appropriate user and complete the assigned task